“I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT THE HELP I GOT FROM HOME REPAIR RESOURCE CENTER. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.”
Senior Home Stability Grant Recipient
Donations to Home Repair Resource Center support our residents, our homes, and our communities. Online contributions are easy and secure — and donations of all sizes make a difference!
Your gift will help us serve people in all stages of home ownership. For example:
- A $25 gift will cover material costs for a tool box, built by a participant in our women’s repair course who may be using power tools for the first time.
- A $50 gift will let a newly-divorced woman benefit from a financial counseling session, learning how to handle finances on her own and how to budget for home repairs.
- A $100 gift will provide an in-home consultation to a senior couple, helping them identify repair needs and plan to make their home more accessible.
- A $175 gift will allow a first-time home buyer to complete an 8-hour course that will prepare her to apply for a mortgage and qualify her for several down-payment assistance programs.
- A $200 gift will provide the staff time involved to help a low-income Cleveland Heights resident secure a home repair loan with an affordable payment.
- A $275 gift will keep our doors open for a week, covering the costs of telephone, utilities, and building maintenance.
- A $500 gift will cover the staff time required to help an unemployed homeowner navigate the process of applying for assistance to save his home from foreclosure.
Individual contributions play a critical role in our income mix, since they can be used for expenses not covered by foundation and government grants:
Ways to Give
A gift to our Annual Fund helps ensure that Home Repair Resource Center (HRRC), a nonprofit organization, continues to foster diverse and sustainable neighborhoods through well-maintained homes.
Contributions to our recently created Innovation Fund will enable HRRC to try new projects and initiatives. Whether responding to current issues affecting homeowners or trying creative approaches to fundraising, this unrestricted fund will provide flexibility and financial stability as HRRC determines how best to serve the community.
Donors can note their intent by specifying “Innovation Fund” on the memo line of their check or in the designation field when making an online donation.
Honorary or Memorial Gifts
Honorary and memorial gifts are a meaningful way of honoring someone (a recent graduate, for example,) or expressing your sympathy in times of loss, while at the same time supporting the work and future of Home Repair Resource Center. Per your wishes, we will send a letter acknowledging your gift to the honoree or to the family of the person you are memorializing with your contribution.
A number of caring companies offer a program that matches gifts made by their employees (and sometimes their employees’ spouses, retirees and directors) to qualifying nonprofit organizations like Home Repair Resource Center. Please check to see if your company has a matching gift program. It is a great way to multiply your support for HRRC.
Corporations and corporate foundations are important contributors to HRRC’s mission. Home Repair Resource Center welcomes corporate partners and seeks to find ways we can work together. In return, our corporate partners benefit from investing in the community and providing employees with opportunities to give back. Corporations enhance their public image and gain the satisfaction of knowing they have contributed to community sustainability.
Corporations can help by:
- Making a corporate gift of funds or materials to support HRRC’s programs and services
- Sponsoring events to benefit HRRC
- Providing a corporate match to all or part of individual employee contributions to HRRC
- Encouraging employees to volunteer their time and talents to HRRC
You can give to Home Repair Resource Center’s Endowment Fund without affecting your cash flow during your lifetime. Supporters, grateful clients, families and friends can provide for future gifts to HRRC by including a bequest provision in their will or revocable trusts. Bequests provide lasting support to ensure that Home Repair Resource Center will continue to benefit our community.
Benefits of Bequest Gifts to the HRRC Endowment Fund:
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime
- You can modify your bequest if your circumstances change
- You can designate a certain dollar amount or percentage of the net proceeds of the estate
- You can name HRRC as a secondary beneficiary and leave the bulk of your estate to your family members
- Your bequest may help you reduce or avoid federal estate taxes
- There is no upper limit on the estate tax deductions that can be taken for charitable bequests
- You will have the satisfaction of knowing your bequest will support HRRC in the way you intended after you are gone.
(Check with HRRC to discuss your options and make sure your gift can be used as intended.)
Spring Garden Sale
You can help support Home Repair Resource Center during a two-week period every spring by shopping for your lawn and garden supplies at Bremec on the Heights Garden Center, located at 13410 Cedar Rd. in Cleveland Heights. During the designated two-week period, Bremec on the Heights donates a portion of every qualifying purchase to support the programs and services of HRRC. Check our website for details each spring, or call Bremec on the Heights at (216) 932-0039. This event is also publicized through our newsletter and weekly emails, so sign up here on our website.
Merchant Discount Card
Home Repair Resource Center is proud to partner with several local merchants who specialize in home maintenance and improvement products and support our mission. When you make an annual donation of $50 or more to HRRC, you will receive a discount card good for 10% off your purchases for one year at the following merchants:
- Bremec on the Heights Garden Center
13410 Cedar Rd.
- Cedar Center Hardware
1970 Warrensville Ctr. Rd.
- Dunn Hardware & Home Repair
5144 Wilson Mills Rd.
- Handy Rents
2116 Lee Rd.
- Heights Hardware
1792 Coventry Rd.
- Sherwin Williams Company
2193 S. Taylor Rd.
- South Euclid Hardware
4422 Mayfield Rd.
- The Tile Shop
23150 Broadway Ave.
Donor Rights & Privacy
Home Repair Resource Center does not share or sell donor information to any other nonprofit or for-profit entity. Donor information may be channeled through organizations that facilitate HRRC’s communications with donors through mailings and/or emails, with the understanding that the information is only for HRRC’s use and should not be duplicated for any other purpose.
HRRC may contact you during its fundraising efforts. You may request to opt-out of fundraising information by contacting our office (216) 381-6100, or by sending a note to Home Repair Resource Center, 2520 Noble Rd., Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44121.